Sunday, August 25, 2013
Color Festival Flyer
This started out as a YW combined activity with our Laurels in charge. During BYC, our Laurel's president invited all of the YM to join us. With her darling, darling personality, no one could resist her offer! The format goes as follows:
- Split into 8 groups and assign each team a Personal Progress Value and Color.
- Have the groups design banners with their assigned Value and Color. Points will be awarded according to categories.
- Rotate through 4 stations (2 teams per station): 1: Water Balloon Relay. 2: Value Stories (everyone will share stories or experiences that relate to their team Value. Each team will choose their favorite story or experience and share it with the whole group later on). 3: Slippery Twister. 4: Wet-paint dodge-ball
- All paint will be non-toxic, water soluble and mixed from dry tempera paint.
- Points will be tracked on "team scorecards" by adult leaders throughout the rotations.
- Everyone will come together and each team will share their favorite Value story/experience.
- All teams will be given powder paint according to team color. We'll go over safety precautions about throwing the powder and play some fun music during this portion of the activity. The powder paint will be pre-packaged in thin nylon sacks (1/4 cup powder put into old nylons with ends cut off and tied). This will allow the powder to be thrown several times before it runs out. Each person will get about 4 powder sacks each.
- The winning team will be announced.
- Each person on the winning team will be given a medium sized squirt gun filled with paint. The rest of the youth will form an outer circle around the winners, and allow the winners to spray them with one last coat of color!
- At the end of the activity, we'll have a water hose for the youth to wash off with. We all live close enough to the church that we can walk home! :)